Caring for your wedding band or engagement ring is an important part in maintaining their longevity. Of course, we all no the main tips are to not drop it or bang it against anything, safe storage and regular cleaning. But aside from that we will go into more depth and provide inside information, to help you ensure your precious ring lasts you a life time.
Here are some easy steps to take and ensure the best care for your ring.
- Store your wedding bands in a dry, safe place, separate from other jewelry to avoid scratching.
- Always properly insure your wedding rings.
- Clean your wedding bands periodically with a jewelry solution or chemically treated jewelry cloth.
- Avoid wearing your wedding ring when doing yard work, cleaning, etc.
- Avoid contact between any harsh chemicals and your wedding band rings as they may cause some discoloration.
Those are your every day tips you can take.
In the long term make sure you take into consideration these steps:
- Have your band rings professionally cleaned every so often as well as a professional polish every once in a while. (When you see that your wedding rings doesn’t have the same luster and shine, it sometimes need some professional cleaning.)
We offer free jewelry cleaning to all our customers*
- Look into ring restoration! (A couple of years into proudly wearing your wedding or engagement ring, it is only natural that your ring may get dull. No worries we can bring back that shine and restore it to its original form with a ring restoration.)
Quick and Easy Procedure
- Re-Sizing Your Ring (After a few years you may realize that your wedding ring/ band doesn’t seem to fit, the same. Make sure it isn’t just a one time weight gain or loss, because as humans we all have our ups & downs. This way you aren’t spending unnecessary money.) Extra Tip: It is always easier to size up a ring than size down. Some rings such as;Titanium, Stainless Steel and Tungsten cannot be re-sized.
Taking as many steps as you can to care for ring will be while worth it in the long run.
Any Questions or concerns on how to care for your rings email or contact us.